Resource & Publications Library
Search all our resources using our advanced search toolSEARCH
The BHFNC Helpline is an excellent and free service available to all professionalsCONTACT
Receive the latest news on physical activity and health straight to your inboxJOIN NOW
Sedentary behaviour fact sheets
Our new fact sheets provide practitioners with an overview of the evidence on sedentary behaviours. These provide the facts and figures on this relatively new area of research in easy to use sections.
There are three fact sheets in the series covering the following:
What is sedentary behaviour?
- definition of sedentary behaviour with examples
- health outcomes of sedentary behaviour in adults and children
- developing negative habits of sedentary behaviour over time.
Current levels of sedentary behaviour
- current levels among children and young people across the four home countries
- adult levels of sedentary behaviour in the UK.
Factors influencing sedentary behaviours
- biological factors
- social/cultural influences
- implications for practice.
- Publication Date:
- 17 Jul 2012