Resource & Publications Library
Search all our resources using our advanced search toolSEARCH
The BHFNC Helpline is an excellent and free service available to all professionalsCONTACT
Receive the latest news on physical activity and health straight to your inboxJOIN NOW
The National Coalition for Active Ageing
The BHF National Centre for Physical Activity and Health have been instrumental in establishing the National Coalition for Active Ageing (NCAA) with the purpose of bringing together key agencies and stakeholders to act as a collective voice and champion the cause of promoting physical activity with older people of all interests, abilities and ages.
The purpose of the NCAA is to:
- Provide a single voice giving leadership, direction and coherence to the development of opportunities for all older persons to be able to chose to be physically active;
- To work with older people, key national and regional agencies and stakeholders (including government) to influence policy, strategy and programming by highlighting priority areas and campaigning on key issues;
- Build capacity, partnership and understanding among member organisations through the development of leaders and champions, the exchange of information, best practice and joint working;
- Raise public awareness of the benefits of physical activity for older people through educational and campaigning activities; and
- Ensure that older people are included as equal stakeholders who can make a valuable contribution to a society that values active ageing.
To find out how to join the NCAA, please click here.
- BHF National Centre / NCAA
- Publication Type:
- Publication Date:
- 06 Aug 2010