Resource & Publications Library
Search all our resources using our advanced search toolSEARCH
The BHFNC Helpline is an excellent and free service available to all professionalsCONTACT
Receive the latest news on physical activity and health straight to your inboxJOIN NOW
Physical activity in the early years fact sheets
This series of three new BHFNC fact sheets provide the facts on physical activity and the under-fives. They are ideal for practitioners who want the facts and figures relating to physical activity in the early years.
The fact sheets cover a range of topics including:
Current levels of physical activity in the early years
- research findings of physical activity levels
- population level surveys of physical activity levels
- effects of physical activity on health outcomes and future behaviours.
Factors influencing physical activity in the early years
- social/cultural factors
- psychological influences
- environmental factors
- factors influencing sedentary behaviour.
Interventions to increase physical activity in the early years
- advice on successful interventions
- implications for practice.
- Publication Date:
- 18 Jul 2012